Since videos consume substantial amounts of internet data, this post will show you what you need to do to easily turn off Facebook auto-paly video on your Desktop or on your Laptop. Facebook enabled videos to automatically play by default, which has caused many people to incur high data usage charges. The truth is, you don’t need to watch all the videos you see on your Facebook timeline. So, it’s better to turn them off and stop them from playing automatically. If you find anyone you want to watch, you can click on the play button.
Here is how to turn off Facebook auto-play video
Go to the Facebook video settings page. On the page, click on the drop-down menu next to “Auto-Play Videos” and select Off. (see image below).
To Turn Off Facebook Auto-Play Video on mobile phones
On iPhone or iPad
– Go to your phone or tablet’s iOS settings
– Scroll down and tap Facebook
– Tap Settings
– Below Video tap Auto-play
– Choose an option.‘Auto-Play videos on WiFi only’ or Off
– Open the Facebook app
– Tap “more”
– Scroll down and tap App Settings below HELP & SETTINGS
– Tap Video Auto-play
– Choose an option. ‘Auto-Play videos on WiFi only’ or Off
The benefit of this is that you will save your phone data from being consumed by unnecessary stuffs.